Open calls for papers | Provocative essays | Artistic collaborations | Media placement | Popular infographics | Digital long-reads
In 2012, I proposed to the Transnational Institute that it develop an annual encyclopedia on global power to support its work of equipping social movements with ideas and analysis. I have since coordinated and led on each edition, trialling new ideas and concepts, and turning ‘State of Power’ into the institute’s flagship project.
- 6 State of Power reports released praised for their essays and infographics. Downloaded by 15,000 people each year
- Infographics on wealth and corporate power copied and used by movements worldwide
- High-profile interviews with Yanis Varoufakis, Susan George, Ahdaf Soueif
- Digital long-read essays trialled successfully in 2017
- Collaboration in 2017 with artists that brilliantly illustrated the essays
- Syndication on Open Democracy, Roar magazine, Occupy.com, Publico, Unevenearth.org